[PD] [osc parse] & [route]

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 14 17:11:31 CEST 2015

On 05/14/2015 04:31 PM, Joel Corelitz wrote:
> Thanks, Chris - I really appreciate the help.
>
> I’m still doing something wrong though.  When I send the message [42( to [makefilename %d] I get an “ inlet: expected 'float' but got ‘1’” error from [route].

i'm pretty sure you get a slightly different error, but anyhow:

> Seems like it’s still a symbol.

actually, what chris suggested was not to convert the symbol into a
float (which currently is hard to to if not impossible in Pd), but
convert a [route]-selector into a symbol as well.
this will only work if [route] is not in the (default) float-mode, so
you need to create it as something like:

 [route fourtytwo]

(with the argument being a symbol).

then you use [makefilename %d] to convert the number 42 into the symbol
"42", and override the [route]-selector "fourtytwo" with this new symbol.

after that, [route] will route the "42"-symbol just fine.

gfmadsr
IOhannes