[PD] -midiadddev

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sat May 30 21:55:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

as it is defined in Pd's source, on line 98 of s_midi_alsa.c, the "Pure
Data" name of Alsa Sequencer Client is fixed.
And it is the same for all instance of Pd.
As far I know there is no way to change a client name from another client
(I tried to do so without success by modifying aconnect).

But maybe it could be a nice feature to be able to choose the Pure Data
alsa sequencer client name.
For example with a string following the -alsamidi flag and/or in the midi
settings dialog box.

Cheers

Antoine

--