[PD] Patch acting weird with Pd 0.46.6

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jun 7 21:15:02 CEST 2015

On 06/05/2015 04:24 AM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:

> If I have a choice to debug a recursive (control) object chain using
> my toolkit vs. your toolkit, I'll choose mine.

totally.
i very much prefer your toolkit as well, as it allows me to blindly
answer the question "why is my patch behaving weirdly?" with a "there's
a fanout that makes your patch do something that you cannot see by
tracking the connections", and i get another 20+ points on stackoverflow
(and probably another 10- points for becoming an unbearable evangelist)

the above paragraph contains a key element that i (try to) teach my
students when it comes to understanding how a given patch works: take
your finger and visually track how the messages travel through all the
connections in a depth-first order.
i found that this only works when you have (dogmatic or not) triggers.

fgadsmr
IOhannes