[PD] Cycle~ difference with Max5. Was: Update cyclone maintenance

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:46:08 CEST 2015

> If you have Max, you might try to see what happens in these two situations:
> - read from a buffer smaller than 512 bytes,
> - read from a 512 byte buffer but with an offset.
> Max probably fills the remainder with zeros, or wraps around.

I had tried the second one, but didn't the first one, and yeah, it zero out
the remainder. I did try this one directly with Max 5, btw.

And I also ejoyed Max 5 to try the idea of testing a buffer that's longer
than 512 samples but scrolling through the table with the buffer offset
message. It works! And I guess it only makes sense to use this in this way.
Check attached picture. It's a table with 1024 points being offset by 256
points.

cheers