[PD] debugging externs with gdb in Linux

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 6 23:33:39 CEST 2015

I've never succeeded at this but never tried really hard.  My technique:

run -nrt

shuts up teh watchdog; and to get GDB to see the extern I just compile the
extern into Pd itself.  (Add a source file to the makefile and two lines to
m_conf.c).

If soneone else knows the magic to get GDB to see symbols in a Pd extern I'd
like to hear it too.

cheers
Miller