[PD] dmx interfaces + Pd

Athos Bacchiocchi athos.bacchiocchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 19:48:14 CEST 2015

I found someone using a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter as a dmx controller:
http://stevenbreuls.com/2014/03/diy-usb-dmx-controller-for-under-10_2_ethernet_cable/

I don't know for sure if it works or if it's lacking any important feature,
but since DMX uses the same protocol (RS485) it seems a plausible solution.

Coming to pd, I have no clear idea... a similar solution as Martin Peach's
one, based on comport? Can comport be used with an "ethernet" output? Or is
there any way to communicate through that ethernet output at a lower level?

Athos