[PD] What is the purpose of iemgui_raute2dollar

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Nov 2 04:57:42 CET 2015

Right, but this function does not do that, it explicitly replaces # with $.
What does # have to do with anything? Are you saying # is being substituted
for $ to preserve it? Even so, this still makes no sense because if you
create an iemgui object (pick one), then add a label with only a "#" in it.
Once you click apply, you get $ on the label instead. Reopening properties
provides you with a label that is equal to $, so  this sounds like a bug to
me that does some sort of one-way mangling that needs to be fixed and more
so, it seems to me there should be a different ascii character used to
preserve $, one that does not exist in the regular text-based ascii
chars... e.g. in pd-l2ork we use \t to substitute for \n and thus preserve
endlines in comments and other places.