[PD] [packOSC] reentrancy problem

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:11:29 CET 2015

What do you expect the patch to do, hang Pd?
For me it prints this in the Pd 0.46.7 console:
  packOSC: This packet is not a bundle, so you can't write another address
  packOSC: Problem writing address.
  packOSC: According to the type tag I didn't expect any more arguments.
  packOSC: usage error, write-msg failed.
  print: /trigger/osc/message now
It's possible to open a bundle (with a '[' message) and add multiple
messages, but the OSC message is output only when the bundle is closed with
the ']' message.
In your patch, if you put a [delay] after the bang outlet it will start an
infinite loop at the delay interval. I'm not sure why the delay is
necessary though, as [packOSC] should have finished processing the previous
message by the time the next one arrives, even if it's a zero logical time
delay.

Martin