[PD] looking for other vanilla filters or abstractions for libPD

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 18:18:04 CET 2015

> As of about 2 years ago, expr and relatives are LGPL and thus compatible with the App Store.
I emailed the Free Software Foundation, who are the publishers of the LGPL.  They responded that the LGPL is not compatible with the restrictive terms of Apple's app store.
I forgot to ask them in advance if I could publicly post their response.  If they say I can do so, I'll post their actual response.  But it sounded pretty clear.
I suppose one could argue if it's a free app then who cares, and that the copyright holders of expr (or even Apple) are extremely unlikely to create a licensing fuss.    But then that's the case whether expr is GPL, LGPL, or even "don't use this to murder people with drones" license.
If you want to write/use open source software that's compatible with Apple's app store, use the 3-clause BSD license.
-Jonathan