[PD] brown/grey noise in pd

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 07:38:08 CET 2015

You can get an approximate brown noise by running a noise source through
[fexpr~ if(abs($x+$y)>1.0,$y-$x,$x+$y)] (an integrator with +/- 1 bounds.

Scale your noise source by somewhere in the 0.05 to 0.001 range (I don't
know the exact value). If you want a quasi-gaussian noise source, you can
just add 6 to 12 or so independent [noise~]s together.

I'm sure there are more precise ways, but if you need something quickly....