[PD] brown/grey noise in pd

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 19:35:45 CET 2015

There's [rojo~] in mrpeach, if by brown noise you mean red noise. (brownian
noise?)
[rojo~] tends to grow out of bounds, which is a problem with correlated
noise: if you want long term correlations you have to be ready for the
noise to get very loud. So in practice there is no red noise possible, it's
all high pass filtered.
To get any arbitrary shape of noise it can be done most efficiently by
convolving a frequency curve table with white noise. The table would have
the same length as the number of bins in the FFT.

Martin