[PD] I07.phase.vocoder reports "adc~: no method for 'bang'"

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 19:45:19 CET 2015

> please don't post screenshots of patches.

OK, but I find an image much easier to see the issue immediately.

Low level inspection is an important point if I was submitting *my own
patch*. However, we are talking about a common patch which is distributed
as part of a release.

Are there people on this list actually concerned about the difference
between 1kb vs 120kb?

It seems to me these are days when it is is difficult to find HDD smaller
than 1TB (KB>MB>GB>TB =9 orders of magnitude), and most people in developed
countries connect to the Internet with broadband cable/fiber/3G+.

> i don't know now how
> the help-patch of [adc~] relates to your I07.phase.vocoder problem.

Because I am responding to Miller's assertion that the inlet to [adc~] is
documented:

MP>> The inlet takes a "set" message to reassign its input channel (this is
mentioned in the help window).

> i did an "rgrep -w rance" over the entire Pd-0.47-git sources and i had
no hits.

That may be the case. Now can you look at what is in the *build* for the
latest PD vanilla for ARM and tell me what you see?

Like I stated, I suspect it is a build error.

BH

On Saturday, November 14, 2015, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> On 11/14/2015 06:01 AM, William Huston wrote:
>> When I click on the help for [adc~] I get this file:
>>
>> *pd-0.46-7/doc/5.reference/*
>> *adc~_dac~-help.pd*
>> Here's what it says. (see screenshot below)
>
> please don't post screenshots of patches.
> post patches instead (they are *much smaller (e.g. your screnshot takes
> 119992 bytes, whereas the help-patch takes 1168 bytes); they can be
> *run* by anybody interested in your problem; they can be inspected on a
> *lower* level)
>
>> I'm sorry if I'm missing something.
>>

> it seems like i'm missing something as well, since i don't know now how
> the help-patch of [adc~] relates to your I07.phase.vocoder problem.
>
>> PS: typo: "numbers out of *rance*"
>
> when? what do you do to trigger that message?
> i did an "rgrep -w rance" over the entire Pd-0.47-git sources and i had
> no hits.
>

>> I suspect the build for 0.46-7 for the armv7 may be broken, not getting
the
>> latest stuff? ....
>
> very unlikely.
>

> fgmdst