[PD] oscillators (osc~ / cycle~) not working well in FM?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:25:46 CET 2015

> Can you elaborate?

Not easily I'm afraid, so I'll try to keep it simple: it's a demonstration
on the relationship between FM and waveshaping, compare now both patches in
my new example. The waveshaping does not change through time.

But let me attempt to reason why it should keep static - it's like any
other FM patch, once you have set the parameters, the waveform must be
static and not change in time. My tests with supercollider and Max had a
good result (waveform kept static). I also tried in Pd with cycle~ and in
the newest vanilla.

cheers