[PD] 64 bit audio?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:26:01 CET 2015

This may already have been discussed on the list I guess, but I wonder if
there's any plan to have Pd running audio (and control) signals at 64 bit
audio in the near coming future.

I know there's a version you can compile with double precision for a while
now, and I'm just wondering if we should naturally expect that this will
eventually happen as a default, because that is the natural course to go,
or "not at all"...

One way or another, I was hoping for some explanation why it would likely
and naturally go towards a 64 bit resolution or not (technical issues /
pros & cons).

thanks