[PD] 64 bit audio?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 05:09:28 CET 2015

not much attention here, but here's an anser from the SC list about their
discussion in porting the audio server to 64 bits

"The biggest advantage of higher resolution is in things like filter loops,
but most SC UGens already do 64 bit calculations internally where that’s
appropriate"

I guess it makes sense, 32 bit is more than enough for dealing with audio
signals/amplitudes.

So I assume Pd won't likely bother to become 64 bits like Max did for
similar reasons, and maybe just think "internal 64 bit calculations" sooner
or later, or does that already happen?

cheers