[PD] [gemhead]s vs. [separator]

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:15:04 CET 2015

Hello list,

I don't work with GEM so regularly, so I had a question regarding
independent processing chains.
I'm showing different [shpere]s, and wanted to do individual
transformations on each, such as [color] and [translateXYZ]. Until now I
used an individual [gemhead] for each [sphere], but I just learned that it
can also be done using one common [gemhead] and [separator]s instead.

I would like to learn, what are the pros and cons of each solution? Which
solution is more efficient and for which reasons?

Plus: [color] and [colorRBG] seem to have the same function. Besides the
extra inputs, is there any difference/advantage in one object instead of
the other?

Best,

jmmmp