[PD] [gemhead]s vs. [separator]

Chris Clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 17:43:15 CET 2015

The [gemhead] also controls the order of execution of chains while
[separator] inherits that from the [gemhead].  One giant chain off a single
[gemhead] with a bunch of [separator] will not give the same results as a
bunch of different [gemhead] with explicit order of execution.  There is
some overhead with [separator] that can become non-trivial if enough of
them are used (like in a loop).

One thing that helps is to always give each [gemhead] a value for render
order.  This will avoid, or at least help understand, many problems with
how rendering occurs.