[PD] Sending [color $1( or [size $1( type messages to objects

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 22:21:55 CET 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 2:08 AM, William Huston <williamahuston at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi --
>
> 1: Is the technique of setting object attributes via messages documented
> anywhere?

How to set iemgui properties via messages was documented in Pd-extended
menu (but not in vanilla):

Help > Pd Help Browser > Manuals > 0.Intro > 33.guis.pd > pd messages

> 5: I would prefer to set an object's color via an RGB value
> Can I do that?

Attached patch [colormaker] demonstrates how to set RGB values using this
formula:

-(1 + blue + green * 256 + red * 65536)

where blue, green and red are integers 0 - 255

There is one caveat: many RGB values can not be saved because numbers are
stored with reduced precision.

Katja