[PD] Slightly OT: Goal for NAMM 2017: Pledge to Support Open Source

Juan Carlos Gentile FagĂșndez jucar at hipatia.net
Fri Jan 22 15:50:54 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 02:08:23PM -0500, William Huston wrote:
> I hope you all consider this an appropriate post for this list.
>

> Does anyone want to be a co-signer on this,
> or have anything to add?

fundamental.
I'm interested.

(better to talk about free software)
we can have support from rms for sure.

thanks
juan

> I think it would be awesome to get the top 10-20 people
> in Open Source Music world to endorse this first thing.
>
> People like Miller, Onyx Ashanti, Ico, Julius O. Smith,
> Servando, Katja, Alexandre, Matt, IOhannes, Cheeto,
> Richard Stallman, ... c'mon people, help me out...
>
> Wow, that would pack a whallop!
> I think we could have a major impact on hardware manufacturers.
>
> This is a way for me to take my complaint with Korg and make this a campaign
> which could help users of other H/W vendors stuff as well.
>
> Thoughts?
> BH
>
> --
> --
> May you, and all beings
> be happy and free from suffering :)
> -- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

 ______________________________________
/ If two people love each other, there \
| can be no happy end to it.           |
\ -- Ernest Hemingway                  /
 --------------------------------------
        \   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

www.hipatia.net - aty.hipatia.net - marroncito.hipatia.net - wiki.hipatia.net
Italia - tel: +39 3929657778  - India - +91 9633013419 - Uruguay +598 091 800680
xmpp: jucar at hipatia.net
email: jucar at hipatia.net , jucar at music.columbia.edu
Fingerprint: 7464 DDDE 9D5D 3B6C CBF9  7699 A021 CE74 EA7A D95A
Public key 0xa021ce74ea7ad95a at gpg.hipatia.net
Public key 0xa021ce74ea7ad95a at pgp.mit.edu