[PD] fftease 3.0 compatibility with Linux. Was Re: fftease compatibility with Pd-0.46-7

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 20:56:35 CET 2016

Ivica,

I'm trying it out now. I had previously tried installing pd-fftease 2.5.2
through deken. I grabbed the lyon/ folder out of Pd-l2ork and dropped it
into ~/pd-externals. Pd was using the deken version (2.5.2), instead. So, I
removed fftease from /usr/local/lib/pd-externals and copied the lyon/
folder there. I then created [pvoc~], but when I turn on audio with a
[pvoc~] object, Pd crashes with a segmentation fault. [granola~] (the
granular pitch-shifter) works so I am assuming some of the other fftease
objects work, but [pvoc~] gave me a hard crash every time.

I'll keep hacking away at it. If anyone else discovers a solution, let me
know. I could also reformat the patch to use the 2.5.2 [pvoc~] although
then I can't program the patch on my Mac and then transfer it straight. I'd
have to heavily modify it every time.

Thanks for the recommendation to use pd-l2ork's libraries.

Sam

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 6:16 PM Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> Pd-l2ork is not binary compatible with vanilla, although non-gui objects
> compiled for pd-l2ork will likely work ok.
>
> --
> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
> Associate Professor
> Computer Music
> ICAT Senior Fellow
> Director -- DISIS, L2Ork
> Virginia Tech
> School of Performing Arts – 0141
> Blacksburg, VA 24061
> (540) 231-6139
> ico at vt.edu
> www.performingarts.vt.edu
> disis.icat.vt.edu
> l2ork.icat.vt.edu
> ico.bukvic.net
> On Jan 27, 2016 5:42 PM, "Samuel Burt" <composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Ivica.
>>
>> I assume I can just yank all the precompiled plug-ins out of the
>> extra/lyon/ folder. There shouldn't be any problem with that as long as I
>> point my path to the right place?
>>
>> Sam
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 5:29 PM Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Pd-l2ork for RPi comes prepackaged with it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
>>> Associate Professor
>>> Computer Music