[PD] How's Pd limited?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:09:17 CET 2016

> if you want feedback in a complex patch,
> (like these virtual-virtual-modular-systems) the only thing
> you can do is to reblock everything to 1, which is not always possible
> (due to high cpu load, conflicting blocksizes, whatever).

This was addressed only to me, let me reply to the list.

I never needed to do it in a super complex patch, but anyway, what you're
saying is not true. Here's how you can do it.

Have your crazy complex patch running around all over the place.

Now, for your feedback loop, you need to create a subpatch to "send it".

Make it [pd fb_send]

in it, create a short delay line, give it a cool name like $0-fb, use
[block~ 1].

then, for your feedback receive, have another subpatch [pd fb_receive]. In
it, use [delread~ $0-fb 0].

voilá...

check my self frequency modulating oscillator patch attached

cheers