[PD] holding keys on patchload to affect object behaviour

Marco Matteo Markidis mm.markidis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:32:47 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I wrote loadmess object for (re)-cyclone library.
For "holding keys at loading patch time" behavior I do a pd_bind with
keyname symbol in g_editor and I compare the symbol that I receive from the
pd_list in canvas_key function. However, for do this I need to sacrifice
the loadbang function and I write a clock for waiting enough time to get
something from the pd_list.
So, it is not the best programming practice but it works and it is quite
transparent from the user point of view.

If someone of you has some idea I'm very happy to listen your suggestions.

Best regards,

Marco