[PD] quiero salir de esta base de datos, gracias

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 21:19:56 CEST 2016

Maybe a digression--
If I want to just post and follow a single thread on a Mailman list, don't make me subscribe.  Don't even tell me to send straightaway and wait hours for moderation (git list tries to do this and it's broken).
Just give me a hashcash web form to send my message, and then send thread responses to the email addy I specified in the form.  My CPU will thrash its way in for me.  Hell, give me an unsubscribe button so that my CPU can thrash its way off the thread for the address I specify.  (Worst case someone with a powerful machine mass unsubscribes a bunch of users who can still view the archive to see the responses-- but that costs a lot more than $0 to pull off.)
My browser already eats crazy amounts of CPU by loading reams of js dependencies and (re-)laying out responsive web pages.  Burning through one more minute of CPU time is a fine cost if it means I can completely avoid a UI designed by people who spend more time staring at code than interacting with humans.