[PD] Preferred/best practice for loading external objects

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 4 22:47:57 CEST 2016

On 05/04/2016 02:18 PM, patrice colet wrote:

>  If I understand, I shouldn't add those deken externals in path
> preferences, but add a [delare -path ~/pd-externals/my_deken_external]
> object to all the main patches that uses externals installed into
> ~/pd-externals, and then path preferences is about externals installed
> elsewhere.

you would do [declare -path my_external] and leave out the
~/pd-externals/ part

the fact that deken installed to ~/pd-externals/ is
a) specific to your setup
b) an implementation detail

also, the fact that the external was installed by deken is purely by
coincidence (you could have done the same manually).

fgmadsr
IOhannes