[PD] [bang( forever active?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 14 15:05:54 CEST 2016

On 05/14/2016 01:04 PM, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:

> [bang(
> |
> [openpanel]
>
> after having answered and closed the openpanel window
> the [bang( stays with thick lines, as if still active.
> (see png).
> but it's possible to click on it again to get anew the openpanel dialog.
>
> a [spigot 1], [t b], [route bang] doesn't make the behaviour disappear.
> even [bang(-[1(-[sel 1]-[openpanel] not,
> or using send & receive.

the problem with that is most likely something to do with the openpanel
being triggered from the stack of [bang( (at least this is how i
explained it to my students 2 days ago :-))

anyhow, if this is true, then a simple [delay 0] will works as a
workaround (and the workaround happens to work!)

> tried with different versions of vanilla:
> 47.0, 46.7, 43.0 all same behaviour
>
> 34.1 did not

though 0.34.1 is probably useless in many other regards.

mgfdsa
IOhannes