[PD] uDMX hanging/locking up

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 00:56:52 CEST 2016

>>> Yeah - my uDMX device locks up and needs a close/open with all the externals that I can get running.
There is a potential problem here (1)
>> I see the same behavior with the midi2udmx compiled max application they provide as well.
: (
>> Maybe it’s a fundamental problem with the unit - or with my hardware…
That's why I asked you before if the unit worked Ok with other software, --> Test pending.
>> That said - the compiled max application actually performs a lot better (doesn’t lag my system down. So I>> wonder if there’s a way I can further optimize what I’m doing in PD. I gotta stick with controlling it from the >> external so I can automate the open/close workaround :/
I think the patch that I gave you is the most simple one that flushes a list. IMO open/close workaround is horrible.
>> It might also be worth mentioning that I can’t even run any audio alongside this patch without intense>> blocking. I’ve been doing audio in a different pd instance for the reason.. but latency is pretty bad still.
Did you disconnect [print] from [array get] if not, you should.
(1) You must be sure that there's only 1 external file in the folder you asked Pd to look for that external. Also make sure Pd can't reach the non testing externals.Are you sure you are handling this correctly?
Remember restarting Pd when switching externals.