[PD] w32 Deken package issues.

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sun Jul 10 16:18:02 CEST 2016

Hi Lucas,

Le 10/07/2016 à 01:32, Lucas Cordiviola a écrit :

>     /Hi Lucas, why don't you recompile the externals with static
>     libraries?/
>

> Hi Patrice ,
>
> I've never compiled anything and also I don't write C code.
>
> What does static libraries means? It is adding the system.dll to the
> object.dll?

For a static linking we need the .a files, not the .dll  that's the
hardcore part because if there is no .a we have to import functions with
dlltools.
That's why I think IOhannes suggested to use first the dll provided by
PureData (pthread) at recompilation.

The third party dlls can also be provided by third party softwares (eg:
for pdlua install lua5.3 and add luadist lib folder to PureData path).

This also should be indicated by deken during install that we need to
add third party software for having things working.

> If that was the case anyway we have to detect which dll needs that.

The library dependences names can be found through the linker command
line in Makefile prepended with "-l" characters.

Detecting could be done by referencing all system DLL provided by
pd-extended and doing a script for detecting those libraries in linking
command lines found in pure-data-svn/externals/myexternal/Makefile.

> Or are you saying that *you* can recompile all w32 deken packages?

Unfortunately I don't have a consistent windows machine, and little
spare time to do that, but I'd like to help windows customers to snap my
code.

Patrice Colet
fr: 0632660357