[PD] Trying to get GEM going on Pd Vanilla / Win10

Björn Eriksson miulew at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:23:27 CEST 2016

Ahh, great!!  I am able to run GEM on Pd Vanilla on Win10 now!  Thanks all
for helping on this annoying thing! What made it work was the msvcr71.dll
file that i put in the Gem folder (I downloaded and used a version
7.10.6030.0 of msvcr71.dll found here
https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr71.dll.html)

In the patch I do have to [declare -lib /Gem-0.93.3/Gem] or with direct
path where Gem is installed, on my external harddrive that is [declare -lib
G:/pd/extra/Gem-0.93.3/Gem].

This really solved the issues I was experiencing! (I cannot judge myself if
there might be some more dll´s missing though.)

How can we inform, and possible adjust the windows package for GEM for
future window(10) users who might be want to try GEM?  The buggy appearance
when trying to get GEM working was my main reason to keep running Pd
extended, but now as this works I will not need to get back to Pd extended.

Happy and thankful for all your great input on this!

All the best!