[PD] RME Fireface 802 problem (aka problem with PA and Jack on OS X)

Marco Matteo Markidis mm.markidis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:11:33 CEST 2016

Dear all,

two months ago I reported this problem about problem turning on DSP on OS X
with PortAudio and Jack (with Jack Pilot). The last week I had a gig and I
get the same problem. The configuration was: start RME Fireface 802 and
then start Pd, turn on DSP, get this problem. After a reboot, I obtain the
same problem, but turn on RME, start Pd, restart RME, DSP manages to start.

So I would like to report this problem with this sound card. With RME
Fireface 800 I never get this problem, only with 802.

Setup:
-) RME Fireface 802 (Firewire 800 connection)
-) Mac early 2011 with Yosemite
-) Pd 64 bit (compiled by myself)

Best,

Marco