[PD] Proposing a cyclone update / another Pre Alpha release (milestone 2)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 4 09:46:09 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-04 04:44, Matt Barber wrote:
> I don't think we need a copy of it. We just need to include an existing
> one, preferably from current vanilla.

how do you include without copying?
what is "current"? Pd-0.47-1? Pd-0.48-3?

please do not include verbatim copies of *any* Pd-headers in your
project. this is just bound to break sooner or later, making it even
harder to fix.
the Pd headers really must match the Pd binary running on the system
where you compile. since the Pd binary is upgraded outside of your
project, so should the headers.

also, on w32 you need the corresponding pd.lib/pd.dll to properly link.
(and if you decide to ship that as well, you could just ship the entire
Pd; or just ship properly compiled binaries of your external).

fgmasdr
IOhannes