[PD] Aciles - the world's worst web server in Pd

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:19:54 CET 2016

apparently when i thought it was running from your server it was running
locally,
so I downloaded it,  read your documentation and just changed it so that
the index.html
loads the js from its own folder, it's kinda hard to follow but
looks like there is less overhead than a websocket server in pd
I say looks like, only from what is seen in the pd patch.
now how do i get it to speak FUDI?
the semicolons are preceded by a slash in your messagebox, not sure if that
will work like a semicolon not preceded by a slash.
I would imagine that this would be ok to send  2d arrays right?
what about sequencing from javascript?
javascript isn't good enough even for a 90 bpm sequencer sending note ons
and offs monophonically, the play position indicator falls behind then the
messages start lagging, this is with setTimeOut() not the nifty new
html audio dsp clock, but i reckon you could implement a an edit  view
piano roll  or multiple ones of the step sequencer in the browser and update
a storage object in pd just sending messages about when you add or delete a
note. then when playing the sequence pd can send  a click every bar or
something in case the html view gets behind.
and another thing - do you have to  connect or open the connection
everytime you send a message to the server from a web browser?
with sockets in JAVA you just open the connection once and it stays alive.
at any rate, nice job making the worst webserver in the world, lol
re: joe
did you see the pd websocket server?
it has some similar parts but looks way more complicated and is not vanilla
plus it uses iemnet tcp server or the onefrom mr peach, would be nice
to reduce the number of connections and vanilarize it just for a simple
fudi thing