[PD] cyclone comment and cross platform (was Re: Purr Data rc1)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Dec 3 01:41:44 CET 2016

This has been around for some time in pd-l2ork and by extension in
Purr-Data, but as Liam recently pointed out on the l2ork-dev list, it
can also break patches on vanilla where spaces (including escaped ones)
in the .pd file get misinterpreted by the vanilla parser. Liam suggested
changing those to ASCII 255 which is some other sort of a space...
Something to be investigated further down the road. Of course, an
alternative would be that vanilla ports the same space parsing method
from pd-l2ork/purr-data.

Best,

Ico