[PD] Send/Receive topology design

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Thu Jan 5 09:54:54 CET 2017

Hi,

I wonder if there are some differences between cord and wireless
messages to deal with musical events (synchro issues).

Do you know if it is better to have :
- [r NOTE]-->[route $1] objects inside 50 abstractions
- or only one [r NOTE] --> [route 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .... ] and
cords to these 50 abstractions

In term of design it is quite difficult in Pd to find the best way of
communications compared to classical programming with "private",
"public", "const" attributes range of variables.

The $0 would be the "private" attribute for example. In practice, I
mixed local and non-local variables inside patches, but if I would like
to change the name of messages, add or delete them I need to look inside
every abstractions and edit each. I wonder if there is good tips about that.

I feel like every messages concerning the functionnalities of an
abstraction could be local '$0' connected only with the first upper
level. I wonder if cascading [receive] and [route] objects would be less
efficient than connecting once objects together but compute them 50 times.

I hope it is clear.

Thx,

--
Jérôme Abel