[PD] dumping array content, pitched down, to a new array without using metronome?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 5 16:30:34 CET 2017

On 2017-01-05 12:57, Esa Ruoho wrote:
> i, I have an array that I'm playing at say 0.017 speed (sending 0.017 to a
> phasor~ set to cycle through the 65536 -sized array. I'm hoping to find out
> how to get this pitched down array content to be written to an array - so i
> can then dump it to a wavefile and use it on another software. How would I
> go about doing it? so far i have a solution where i have a metronome that
> runs for $1 (in this case, a calculation of 65536*0.017 = 1114112) and i
> toggle it "on" and when the array has been written to, i toggle it off. I
> was attempting to have a delay toggle the toggle off, so the metronome
> would stop counting around 1114102, but when i tried to loop this through
> back into the TGL -object, Pure Data crashed fully.

Pd should not crash. if you experience a crash, you should post a
(minimal) patch that exposes the problem, so it can be fixed.

anyhow, [phasor~] and [metro] both repeat, so they seem to be the wrong
choices for a one-shot operation, instead of [line~] and [delay].

also i don't understand why you would want to dump the array into
another array in order to record it. sending the audio to a [writesf~]
directly should be enough.

[bang(

[array size foo]

[t f f  b]
|    |   |
|    |   [samplerate~]
|    [/  ]
|    [* 1000]
|    [/ 0.01666666]
|    |
[pack]

[t l                   b        l]
|                      |         [$2(
[0, $1 $2(             [start(   [delay]
|                      |/
[tabread4~ foo]        [t a]
|                     /
|/