[PD] PD hangs when opening a sub-patch that expects creation arguments

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 12 22:27:32 CET 2017

On 01/12/2017 05:03 PM, David wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a "bug" or if it's normal, but when I try to open a
> sub-patch (an abstraction) with "File/Open" that expects creation
> arguments,

unable to reproduce.
i do this all the time.

if you don't supply arguments, Pd fills in some defaults.
so the only thing i can think of where a hang might happen, is that the
default arguments trigger an infinite loop.

of course it would help if you could provide a minimal abstraction that
shows the problem.

>  PD (Pd 0.46.7) hangs

while I'm pretty sure that this won't help you with the problem at hand:
is there any specific reason to not use the most current stable release
of Pd? (currently 0.47-1).

gfmrdsa
IOhannes