[PD] standalone with preferences included on OSX?

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:44:02 CET 2017

On or., 2017.eko urtren 13a 12:18, Christof Ressi wrote:
>> creating a bat script that opens bin/pd.exe with the
>> right flags to point to the extras and load them.
>
> I was just going to suggest that. Since you already did that on windows, what's the reason why that approach doesn't work for you on OSX (with a shell script)? I also don't see why you needed a .exe, the user can just click on the script... or is it just because people are used to launch programs from clicking executables?

yeah, technophobic art students get scared of anything.

I will try to go for the script but starting an app from a shell script
is not what they are used to :) I wanted to find a solution that would
allow me to pass them a copy of PD that they just double click to run
with no setup involved at all.

I know that they would learn more if they would install the extras and
set the paths and preferences, but some of them would drop at there