[PD] Purr Data rc4

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 04:48:23 CET 2017

>>Try this:
>>nw.Window.open("D:/purr-data-clean/win32_inno/build/doc/1.manual/x3.htm");

> Works, but i don't have “file edit view put media ...” in that window. On my previous example i added "_self" to window.open.
Right, these are just parts of the GUI toolkit's interface.  You are directly using
it here without Pd even knowing you've created it.  Currently the only way you
can reliably interact with Pd from there is send messages to global receivers as
I outline below with the pdsend method.
For example, if you got the "pd dsp 1" example working, try creating a new
patch and put [receive the_answer]---[nbx] in it.  Now typepdgui.pdsend("the_answer 42");
You should get "42" in the nbx.