[PD] creb's ramp~ needs a help file

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 01:41:38 CET 2017

Yes, I think the documentation is important (shame on me for never finishing all my docs). It's just a bit of a shame that we have to document some quite redundant functions, but if they make life easier for other patchers then that's great. I've made quite a few things in C that could be abstractions for example.

Also, there's an annoyance that comes from having to investigate C code from abandoned libs, although this is usually not so hard with things like ramp~. I think it could be a good idea and a lot of work to present at least some examples in the help files of how such externals could be modelled within Pd vanilla. Naively I think this could help both newbies and people learning to code externals.
xEd

For Lone Shark releases, Pure Data software and published Research, go to http://sharktracks.co.uk