[PD] puredata-core installing documentation twice on Debian?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:41:50 CET 2017

* IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2017-02-06 07:18]:
> On 2017-02-06 13:09, Peter P. wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > using the amazing Debian packages of Pd and am puzzled to find that the
> > following two paths seem owned by the same package puredata-core and
> > seem to exist twice:
> >
> > peter at computer:~$ dpkg-query -S /usr/lib/puredata/doc/7.stuff
> > puredata-core: /usr/lib/puredata/doc/7.stuff
> > peter at comouter:~$ dpkg-query -S /usr/share/puredata/doc/7.stuff
> > puredata-core: /usr/share/puredata/doc/7.stuff
> >
> > Is this intentional?
>
> yes.
> does this create any problems for you?
Not really. I just prefer to have files and folders once on my system if
that's sufficient for proper operation as it is easier to remember and
maintain for me.

I guess you are trying to have Pd's docs in its traditional location in
/usr/lib/pd and in a Debain-style /usr/share/doc path.

I am also surprised there is
/usr/lib/puredata/extra
and /
/usr/lib/pd/extra
which are owned by different packages respectively. Why not make
/usr/lib/puredata equal to /usr/lib/pd?

Thank you for the packaging work, this is amazing!
best, P