[PD] libpd, Android, and Unity3D - any recent data?

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:20:33 CET 2017

hi Ali, thanks for chiming in!

i actually am going with your project for the moment. it built fine on
Android - no issues. i was kind of curious if there was a way that one
could get text messages to PD, as well as from PD. the wrapper seems to
support it, but i'm not sure exactly the usage case. one issue is that i
can't see the internal procedures, though someone did mention that there
are logs that libpd has in Unity when running there, as well as on Android
itself. could you perhaps point me to a way that a message can be sent from
C# script to a specific receive object in PD, and a way that Unity can
receive events or messages from PD in a C# script?

as for Enzien Audio/ Heavy, i know about them, and i've chatted with Joe
White even, but the limited object support is what gives me pause. i'm not
sure if they'll support what i currently have and i have no idea how to
edit it down or replace it with supported objects if so. right now my synth
complement is a bit of a black box, mostly patches from the rjlib
collection which aren't the greatest, quality wise. but if Heavy doesn't
like them, or doesn't want to support abtractions then i'll just be wasting
my time.

anyway, those are my thoughts for now. let me know yours!

best,
scott