[PD] New deken feature, create system user folder (was how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files page (was Re: Linux Global folder for externals)

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 22:17:34 CET 2017

>> So I'm now leaning on actually disregarding  ~/Library as a good choice
for creating and using as an external destination...

+1 on this...

i just had a classroom of students navigate to ~/Library and create
~/Library/Pd .... its quite a pain to teach some of these basic skills. for
some reason this particular class had security concerns with create such a
folder (maybe because last assessment we got into a
lengthy anonymity/snowden/darkweb/hacking discussion)....

anyway was this not all discussed and decided upon in pdx dev days?

i am not sure about deken new functions but unless its in millers core it
doesn't matter seeing thats where i have students download from.

BTW arduino and processing also both install libraries in:

~/Documents

and as porres might say "just saying"

m.e.grimm, m.f.a, ed.m.
syracuse u., tc3