[PD] [Deken] how to use -objects.txt feature?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 20 11:42:10 CET 2017

On 2017-03-20 10:22, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> Am I doing the right thing? Also, are the indexes actived immediately
> after uploading or are they updated at some scheduled intervals?

the deken cmdline tool doesn't automatically upload the -objects.txt file.
so you have to manually upload it.
i'm not sure if the deken cmdline would refuse to upload it if you used
'deken upload pduino-v0.6-objects.txt'.
but uploading it via the webinterface (as *file*) should work.

when i said you must have "the -objects file in the same directory as
the -externals file"  i was really thinking about the server, not your
local filesystem layout.

> What is the correct format of the objects.txt file? More specifically,
> what is the delimiter between object name and description?

iirc, it should be tab (any whitespace might do, but using TABs we can
distinguish between ("list append", "glue two lists together") and
"list" , "append & prepend lists and do other weird stuff").

fgmnasdr
IOhannes