[PD] editing puredata.info downloads

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 25 22:07:57 CET 2017

On 25-03-17 21:50, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

>     if you want write access to one of the already existing products, you
>     ought to contact the current owner (Fred Jan) and ask them for write
>     permissions.
>

> Ok, got it, so I'm copying Fred Jan here and requesting a permission to
> write at it ;)
>
> The thing is that at first glance it seemed it was terribly outdated and
> just abandoned, cause it still refers to cyclone 0.1-alpha55; but now I
> see it has this information: "/Typically versions are no longer made
> available from this page but via source code repositories and the deken
> tool, build into the latest versions of Pd-vanilla. Some repositories: -
> https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone -
> https://github.com/electrickery/pd-miXedSon (currently in maintenance
> mode)/"
>
> I was just planning on adding this very same information. Maybe add a
> few more details, like specifying fred's repository is the 0.2 branch
> and ours is the 0.3 - what I feel it is important now is that we not
> refer anymore to the old 0.1 alpha55 release (released over a decade
> ago) as the "current release". the "unreleased" 0.1 alpha 57 is also
> weird and confusing as it seems is the upcoming release.

I did add the user 'porres' to the /downloads/cyclone creators list.
Editing should work now.
While editing, I found these pages less flexible than generic wiki
pages. Nowadays for source distribution there is the github site and for
binary distribution there is deken. The best these pages can do at the
moment is point at the right direction...