[PD] pd opens patch twice from script

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 01:19:08 CEST 2017

The patch window state is being saved and re-opened when Pd is being restarted. See http://puredata.info/docs/faq/help-pd-crashes-on-startup-on-mac-osx-10-7 <http://puredata.info/docs/faq/help-pd-crashes-on-startup-on-mac-osx-10-7>

Newer versions of vanilla have a fix that disables state saving automatically, but Pd-extended does not.

> I want to create an automatic control of a patch which can freeze.
> The first patch send every x seconds a signal via osc to an other patch. If the first patch does not respond after x+n seconds the first the second patch runs a shell script to killall pd instances
> than run a shell script which starts the patches
>
> like this:
>
> /Applications/Pd-0.47-1-64bit.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd /Users/xxx/Desktop/OSCcontrol.pd
> sleep 5
> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd-extended /Users/xxx/Desktop/OSCcontrolsend.pd
>
> every time pd starts, each instance opens twice later even three times and so on. What is the solution? Why this happens?
>
> Is there any hope?
>
> Best,
>
> Popesz

--------