[PD] pd opens patch twice from script

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 07:21:41 CEST 2017

Dan,
unfortunately, both extended and newest vanilla behaves the same way on
sierra. Will try the method you linked above and let the list know.
Best,
Popesz

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
> The patch window state is being saved and re-opened when Pd is being
restarted. See
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/help-pd-crashes-on-startup-on-mac-osx-10-7
> Newer versions of vanilla have a fix that disables state saving
automatically, but Pd-extended does not.

> I want to create an automatic control of a patch which can freeze.
> The first patch send every x seconds a signal via osc to an other patch.
If the first patch does not respond after x+n seconds the first the second
patch runs a shell script to killall pd instances
> than run a shell script which starts the patches
>
> like this:
>
> /Applications/Pd-0.47-1-64bit.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd
/Users/xxx/Desktop/OSCcontrol.pd
> sleep 5
> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd-extended
/Users/xxx/Desktop/OSCcontrolsend.pd

> every time pd starts, each instance opens twice later even three times
and so on. What is the solution? Why this happens?