[PD] data structures question ...

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Sat May 20 15:49:54 CEST 2017

ahhh, gosh !

just discovered i sent my previous mail to a crippled address.

so here's the full response to fede's reply:

Fede Camara Halac wrote:
 > hi oliver,
 >
 > cool!
 >
 >> you're right the help file for scalar is ... well, not really there
 >
 > The help file *is* there, I meant that the object itself is really
promising

well - i still don't quite get the data structures thing as a whole. so
the [scalar] object is an even bigger mystery to me. but your little
patch is a good starter

 > I'm curious what you are doing with plot that you don't need mouse
interaction, could please you show something?

of course !

it's a GOP-abstraction i'm currently working on (works pretty good
already, but not perfect), that provides me with a waveform gui of a
loaded sample.

the original patch came from the "mmb" collection. the waveform drawing
is done with [plot] objects. my final goal would be to allow zoom or
selection with mouse coordinates from inside the GOP. but that of course
just "draws" in the arrays and destroys the plotted waveform image.

the abstraction is  attached (with an example file) as a .zip.

sorry for the mess

best

oliver