[PD] One click too many on macOS

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:49:07 CEST 2017

Most of the UI error like this are because the first test build from Miller is using the buggy Tk 8.5.9. Please test with Tk 8.4 or with a custom build of something newer.

it took me a *long* time to figure out what was going on when I first tried the update years ago and happily through away all the double-bind & key event detection code I added by simply using a newer or older version of Tk.

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 10:35 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
> Subject: [PD] One click too many on macOS
> Date: July 19, 2017 at 10:35:33 AM GMT+2
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
>

> Hey all
>
> Maybe a little late in the cycle: In Pd on a Mac, you need to click
> twice when switching windows. First click changes window focus and only
> the second click can be used to interact with the window content.
>
> It seems not to be typical behavior on a Mac. With other applications I
> can switch focus and do something with the same click.
>
> Is this by design or simply not addressed yet? Yet not very important,
> but slightly tiring, IMHO.
>

> BTW: Lot's of interesting improvements in the upcoming release. Thanks,
> Miller, Dan, IOhannes et al.!
>
> Roman

--------
Dan Wilcox