[PD] testing some 0.48.0 GUI updates

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:19:29 CEST 2017

> On Jul 17, 2017, at 10:33 PM, Federico Camara Halac <camarafede at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here are some stuff I tested:
>
> * New preferences system: basically the core prefs have now been separated from the gui prefs and there is a new submenu for this
>
> I like this. I notice two minor things:
> -Path preferences get saved and work but are not displayed on the Path dialog or in the Help Browser.
> -The Log level is not saved in the pref file.

We'll check this.

> * The Font dialog can now only be opened when a canvas or Pd window is active as it has no effect on dialogs. Focus handling was also improved.
>
>  I guess it's harmless but when focus is on Pd window the Font dialog sill opens but has no effect  (or I fail to see it)

I did disable that but someone wanted it back. It has no effect on the Pd window.

> I really like the keyboard availability for the Browser. I notice two minor things again (now I think I'm just whining):
>
> -MOUSE | KEYS: Entering a directory kinda destroys and creates the windows making a visual burst, like [;pd-foo vis 0, vis 1(.

I was trying to make this better this but looks like my "fix" made things worse.

> KEYS:
> - Going back from a sub item (Pure Data/1.manual/1.introduction.txt) to its parent (1.manual) doesn't delete the new created column. It is confusing. It does delete the new column when you go 2 steps back, and it does so without the visual burst.

This may or may not be possible easily. we'll see.

> - The first item that appears when entering a new directory for the first time is selected with a squared box, but it's not selected in blue, which is confusing because selection actually does takes place (i.e., if the item is not a directory, hitting the 'right' arrow will open it)

I'm looking into changing the highlight colors on inactive boxes so they are grey.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>