[PD] Pd documents path proposal

Federico Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 23:46:09 CEST 2017

Hi Dan,

I tried Pd-0.48.0-test6-docspath3.app.zip on osx 10.11.6

Paths Documents/Pd, and the sub dir 'externals' were all created

It also gets added, after about one second delay, with message (log 4),
which is puzzling, but i guess needed:
"
Pd documents directory: /Users/federicocamarahalac/Documents/Pd
"

Whenever I manually change something (verbose, standar paths, add path,
etc) and hit OK, I get an app error, with these details:

invalid command name "1"

invalid command name "1"

    while executing

"[::pd_docsdir::update_path $docspath]"

    (procedure "dialog_path::commit" line 21)

    invoked from within

"$commit_method $listdata"

    (procedure "do_apply" line 2)

    invoked from within

"do_apply $mytoplevel $commit_method $listdata"

    (procedure "::scrollboxwindow::ok" line 4)

    invoked from within

"::scrollboxwindow::ok .gfxstub79f80d60 dialog_path::commit"

    invoked from within

".gfxstub79f80d60.nb.buttonframe.ok invoke"

    ("uplevel" body line 1)

    invoked from within

"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"

    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 23)

    invoked from within

"tk::ButtonUp .gfxstub79f80d60.nb.buttonframe.ok"

    (command bound to event)

Changes get made, though, so the error is puzzling. Other dialogs works
fine.

Startup Dialog: Not a huge deal, but it doesn't come to front when another
dialog is open. Will this dialog disappear in the future? I think it's
going in that direction

Side note: In the Pd Browser it shows "-----Libraries----" and you have
them created under "Pd/externals". I know there's been conversations in the
list about this, but I wonder if these shouldn't be at least unified
temporarily within pd. I believe Deken already says 'externals' everywhere.
It would be useful for translating as well. I like "libraries", because
it's more encompassing, but this is confusing when the library is of one
external, like those in the extra folder. It might be just easier to think
of the 'extra' as a library in itself i guess, and have this as a directory
entry.

Pd Browser:

navigating to more than 3 sub directories are not showing. For example, the
only option here is to open up the Finder, with double-click or with
Return:

  externals/Gem/examples/01.basic

I had some issues with Deken, where should I write these?

Thanks for all the changes, you're really sharpening the hell out of the
gui.. Very nice!!

fede

http://fdch.github.io/tv