[PD] zoom current state

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:19:40 CEST 2017

I am not sure if this is known, and if yes, for how long it has been
around. I am on Pd 0.48 via apt on Debian testing.

Creating the following gui objects after having zoomed in does not
create them with zoomed (doubled) dimensions :
graphical bang
hslider
vslider
hradio
vradio
vumeter (does look totally weird)
(see also attached gui_zoomedObjectCreation.png where the objects have
been created twice, once before zooming in, once afterwards)

What works correctly here is:
number
graphical toggle
canvas

Number2 does not scale at all upon zooming in.

In general, upon using the great zoom feature I discovered that the
labels of most gui objects do not scale except for that of the
numberbox.

The area that changes the mousepointer to something else (a circle on
Debian) when hovering over in/outlets does not scale either on zoomed
patches making it more difficult to find this area.

Happy to do more testing.

I was hoping I could make use of the zoom feature in my teaching this
semester but sadly will have to wait a bit.